Tuesday 9 December 2008

Wet felted bag!

Quite awhile ago I made a wet felted panel and decorated it with beads and large diamante's, I said I would probably turn it into a bag????????

Well.......guess what?? I did!!!!!

Here it is.










I ironed a fabric stabilzer onto the back of the felt first and then I hand sewed the edges, doing everything by eye and guess work rather than measuring and marking.

I used plastic canvas as a base to help give shape.










Then I sewed some huge black buttons on my folded corners and sewed abit further up the edges.

I know all you bag makers are probably splitting your sides with laughter, but this has kept me free from boredom, so I am sure you will let me off!!!!

When I was happy with the sides, I then hand sewed the handles into place, checking every so often that they where going to line up. I nipped and tucked and have ended up with a bag!!!










I removed the big black buttons as I didn't like them and replaced them with some gorgeous vintage sparkly diamante metal buttons that I bought from an auction site. I think they compliment the bag quite nicely.


What do you think????

3 comments:

Izabela said...

it is great! not my colors but texture, and I love felt!

Suzanne Vaughan said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! I love it!

Hannah said...

What a great bag! Brilliant!:)