Friday 9 October 2015

Beautiful Peacock Mask

I have been working on a peacock mask again, I did one a year or so ago and really enjoyed making it! 

This time I used some mod podge and a pretty serviette, I had to make sure it was different to my first one because as a rule I try not to repeat unless I get asked too!
I built plaster bandage over a plastic base and shaped a nice beak, but not as long and pointy as my first peacock mask.

When it was dry I painted it all over with acrylic and decorated it with glitter and gems, feathers and sequin trim.
The back is lined with soft white felt and the mask ties with long black ribbon.


 You can see that I managed to put the peacock head central on the mask, I quite like how this looks!


 The beak is gold and even though it is plaster based it isn't too heavy!
This is a comfortable mask and I would say fits a small or medium adult.


You can find this mask in my Etsy shop :)

No comments: